Monday, August 18, 2008

Sandpoint Wedding

About 2 weeks ago, we went to a wedding in Sandpoint, Idaho. A friend of both of ours from college, Erica, was getting married to her highschool/college sweetheart. The reception was gorgeous. (I LOVE weddings - just not planning them) :) Right before going, I chopped off all my hair - at least 8 inches worth. I went to the salon, and the conversation was short:

Me: "I'm thinking of doing something drastic."
Hairdresser: "Ohhhhh have you ever seen Jenny McCarthy?"
Me: "Yeah that's cute!"
Hairdresser: "You think so?"
Me: "Yeah! Totally! I don't know if -"

Literally, mid-sentence my chair is swung around and 8 inches of my hair fall to the ground.

Me: "Ok! Yep, that's drastic."
Hairdresser: "Yeah . . . well I'm not really someone you have to ask twice!"
Me: thinking: when did I ask? but saying: "I can tell! Wow. Ok. How short is that shortest part going to be . . . ?"

I could have been upset, but there was this guy that got tazered right outside the salon window & I figured there are worse things in life than having all your hair chopped off. City living allows me to see things in perspective . . . :)

Here are some pics!

BEFORE

AFTER


A toast on married life :)


Our seats on the lake - this was in Erica's parents' back yard.
The next day we were about to face a 7 or 8 hour drive back to Portland, so we decided to stop at the resort in Coeur d'Alene and get sundaes the size of your head. Reeces. SO GOOD.

No comments: