Thursday, August 28, 2008

Newest Addition to Portland

Most exciting news : Laura Atwell is in Portland!! My family drove over to take her to University of Portland last weekend. How exciting is that?

We dropped her off in her triple - yes triple - dorm room. She was the last of the three roommates to show up, so she got the top bunk. And the broken-shelved desk in the opposite corner. And the small, little closet. So, I told her to take the larger closet & show her teeth to anyone who objected. She showed her teeth - but more in a smile sort of way & no one objected. We all helped her unpack really fast while my Dad set up her computer at her desk. By the end of the unpacking, it didn't look too shabby!

The next day, Nate & I took my Mom, Dad, Tim & Ted over to Cannon Beach. We had THE BEST WEATHER I've ever seen at the coast. There were blue skies, no rain, no wind and my Dad is thoroughly convinced that it never rains in Oregon :) The sky opened up into it's typical downpour just hours after they pulled out of town.

Here are some pics from the weekend. I could have sworn we took them to a different beach last time they came - but everyone swears we came here. It just looks so different when the sky is blue!! We made sure we got to the beach before low tide so we could hit up the tide pools. I am so glad we get to live so close that it's just a drive away.
See that sign behind my Dad? The funniest part of the morning was Dad "not seeing the sign" and going far past it to get a look at the big starfish and possibly little burrowing baby turtles. He waved Tim over to see it & just a few minutes later was back on the other side of the sign waving Tim back over as all the rangers started wading into the water to retrieve Tim. Silly Dad :)
We had to have another trip to Mo's for the clam chowder bread bowls :)
There was talk about getting a little beach house to do Thanksgiving here at the coast . . .

1 comment:

FlyingRabbit said...

I'm a Chinese here in Beijing. I'll go to America for further study two years later. I think you and your wife are amazing a couple.
Wish you happy!