Thursday, November 10, 2011

Catching Up

Writing to just catch up on some happenings before all the holiday madness hits in a week! The pictures are usually the best part of any blog, in my opinion, so we'll go with some pics. We've mostly just been hanging out and enjoying the last couple months before we are full-time parents! Although we can't wait for that either...

In June I went to a vintage fashion show and got to finally see what it'd be like to be brunette. Which was a lot of fun actually!


We went to a bunch of weddings over the summer - all while no one really knew I was pregnant which is not an easy little secret to keep! Especially when you're wearing nausea bands around your wrist :)
As soon as the Fall colors started coming in, we got to sneak away for a relaxing weekend in Sun Valley. It was a nice, easy way to do a babymoon and it was perfectly relaxing and full of great food. We stayed in a B&B for the first time in our lives and actually really liked it. We had the whole place to ourselves, got to pick our room and enjoyed the company of the woman running the B&B and the two old golden retrievers there. The first night, we came back from dinner to a bonfire in the backyard with hot chocolate and cupcakes. You don't get that in a hotel! :) We had a lot of fun. Note to self: when in Sun Valley, go back to Raspberry's for the chocolate mint icecream. I've never had anything like it - the woman who runs it grows the mint in her garden and the icecream tasted garden fresh. It was delish! I was definitely "showing" by Sun Valley - hence the picture below! I think I'm 23 weeks in that pic.


The Fall colors in Sun Valley were absolutely incredible. It looked like the whole area was glowing amber and red. We were in love!

Then came Halloween. We carved some pumpkins and passed out candy. Funny to think next year, we'll have a little baby with us!


Nate was a "pumpkin" too.


And by then, I was 24 weeks and looking like the pic below. I don't think I look super huge, but man, I feel like it! Cannot wait until Feb. 27th!


All my family comes into town next week for Thanksgiving. I cannot believe that's already here. Although I'm super stoked because that means Christmas is just around the corner!

No comments: